Re: Patchset 9.2.0.5 on Linux AS 2.1 / 3

  • From: "M Rafiq" <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:20:40 -0400

Paul,

Further to my previous email and your reply, we are having this issue while
running from our local PC to server using Reflections. What was your
environment. Or has anyone installed using reflection as terminal software.
There is no problem with patchset 9.2.0.4. using reflections.

Oracle support is working on this bug with status showing as 32 ( What does
it mean? anybody like Pete Sherman might explain) in our tar.

Any input shall be appreciated.

Regards
Rafiq

From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba@xxxxxxxxx>
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Patchset 9.2.0.5 on Linux ES
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 08:30:28 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ron Rogers <RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > Rafiq,
 >  I upgraded 9.2.0.4 to 9.2.0.5 in AS2.1 with no
 > problem.
 > Ron

 > Has anybody installed 9.2.0.5 patchset under Linux
 > ES version 3 or 2.1 successfully?

 > Rafiq

applied 9.2.0.5 on RHEL 3.0 ES yesterday afternoon
without any issues.
I ignored it wanting shmmax=2 GB, as I had it set at 1
GB which was sufficient for my environment.

even though I had a 10.1.0 home, it still wanted to
install the 10.1.0 OUI into the 9.2 home. so be it.

It actually resolved an issue whereby an dist trans
was throwing 7445s. I (and a few developers) are quite
happy that someone else submitted bug reports to get
this fixed ahead of us.

Paul

begin -- ballast text block
    didn't