Patching through cloud control

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 09:14:43 -0500

I am working on figuring out how to install the jul GI psu through cloud
control. I have hit two challenges so far. First, the system I want to patch
doesn't show the patch as recommended, even though it only has the mar PSU
installed. Second, I want to be able to install the patch both directly on the
existing homes, and eventually I want to be able to clone an oracle home,
install the patch there, and switch to the new OH thus minimizing downtime.

So, I am looking for a set of step by step instructions for both methods,
including manually adding the GI and DB homes. Can someone point me to a good
set of instructions?

Sent from my iPad--