RE: Password for sys, system account - Uncooperative client

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ranko Mosic" <ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:57:15 -0400

Yes, I am staff and many times Chief of Cleanup after a consultant
leaves.  Mostly with a consultant I'll answer any question they ask
which includes running any select statement they want.  Recently we
started a project with Matrix-One.  Their consultant wanted to know the
values set in the init.ora file for the db they would be using.  I sent
him a copy of that file after he asked.  I'd say that the amount of
cooperation you get is proportional to the amount of respect you give
the staff folks and how much they learn to trust you.  It also helps to
be flexible in your wants and needs.  Mr. Lampkin from Matrix-One is
having a good time because he spent the time to get acquainted with us
and how we like things run.  He also explained why he would appreciate
certain priviledges.  Some have been granted, some have not.  In either
case we've learned to cooperate with each other.=20