Re: Password file not getting updated

  • From: Ram Raman <veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:44:08 -0500

Niall,
I think you are right. When I launch rman it hangs. I went to the OH/bin and
tried to launch it, it still hung. When I did 'which rman' I get this:

[oracle@server]$ which rman
/usr/X11R6/bin/rman
So I checked that directory, everything is owned by root:

[oracle@server]$ pwd
/usr/X11R6/bin
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       8 Oct 11  2010 gccmakedep -> archexec
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       8 Oct 11  2010 xft-config -> archexec
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      10 Oct 11  2010 xsetbg -> xloadimage
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root    4890 May  7  2007 xscreensaver-getimage-video
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  179032 Oct 11  2006 xloadimage
New product with different configurations.

I have not heard of 'X11R6/bin' directory for bin files. This application
installed oracle in its own way.