Re: Password file not getting updated

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dedba@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 07:02:07 +0100

I think its OK, just that the groups were, as Nuno says, created in
the order dba then oinstall. (and without specifying gids when they
were created). My reading of that list is that oinstall is the default
group (see the gid 501 associated with the user oracle). The second
part of the output is just the list of all groups which (on Linux at
least in my head) is ordered numerically rather than default first.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA