Re: Passing String Arguments to SQL*Plus from a Unix Shell

  • From: "goran bogdanovic" <goran00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uwe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:37:06 +0200

...you may use unix sed to modify your script 'on the fly' and execute
within sqlplus...

On 3/29/07, Uwe Küchler <uwe@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I've scanned this list and other forums but haven't found a satisfying
answer so far:
I need to pass arguments containing the SQL string delimiter "'" to
sqlplus from a shell script, e.g.:

sqlplus user/pass @my.sql $1

where $1 should be like "'1','2','3'", so that a SQL statement WHERE
clause within the script can be modified like this:

define inlist=&1
SELECT something FROM mytable
WHERE something NOT IN ( &inlist );

-->
WHERE mycol NOT IN ( '1','2','3' );

I know how to pass arguments/parameters without the "'", but when I use
"'" it gets erased by the shell. I've tried to escape the "'" but with no
success so far.
It looks so simple but I can't find a solution. *help*

Regards,