RE: Partitioning best practices

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaromir nemec" <jaromir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 07:47:54 +0200

Jaromir

> It will be nice to distinguish between DOP of creation (rebuild) of
> an object and DOP for access of the object.

This is a good one. Even if an ALTER TABLE/INDEX could be a viable way
in many cases...

> It will be nice to see the SQL of the slaves as in good old 9'er
> days!

Nope. I like the 10g PX execution plans. There exactly show what's going
on...

> > Most systems using PX are I/O bound.
>
> Well, few in-memory hash joins will do the job:)

And if they are partition wise joins it is even better... Unfortunately
I see too many physical db designs that doesn't take advantage of
that...

Regards,
Chris