Re: Parallel slave on the other nodes - RAC

  • From: "K Gopalakrishnan" <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shivaswamykr@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 09:52:29 -0700

Shiva,

I am using a service to connect to the instance thru sqlplusw. This service
is not-TAF Enabled. So no pre-connect nothing. When I make a connection to
any of the instances, I see parallel processes/slaves on the other two
nodes/instances to which I have not connected. On the other node the process
looks like "ora_pz99_* ". I have tried to research this. I have not got much
info. But I don't have a clue why this is happening. The parallel parameters

Those are the parallel query slave processes used to get the
information from gv$ views. They are exclusively used to access the
gv$views and you do not have any control over that.

--
Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006