Parallel slave on the other nodes - RAC

  • From: "Shivaswamy Raghunath" <shivaswamykr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 11:38:20 -0400

Hello.

I am on Redhat Linux. 3 Node RAC. 10.2.0.2.

I am using a service to connect to the instance thru sqlplusw. This service
is not-TAF Enabled. So no pre-connect nothing. When I make a connection to
any of the instances, I see parallel processes/slaves on the other two
nodes/instances to which I have not connected. On the other node the process
looks like "ora_pz99_* ". I have tried to research this. I have not got much
info. But I don't have a clue why this is happening. The parallel parameters
are (in case of interest):
NAME                                        VALUE
-----------------------------------         --------
parallel_adaptive_multi_user               TRUE
parallel_automatic_tuning                   FALSE
parallel_execution_message_size       4096
parallel_instance_group
parallel_max_servers                          160
parallel_min_percent                           0
parallel_min_servers                           12
parallel_server                                    TRUE
parallel_server_instances                     3
parallel_threads_per_cpu                      2

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Shiva