RE: Package becomes INVALID when a partiiton is dropped

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sharmakdeep_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:35:27 -0400

Deepak,

Is this a problem for you?  Oracle is working as expected - DDL is
executing against the table, so all dependent objects need to be
recompiled.

You could change your package to say "col1 varchar2(whatever);" and this
problem would go away.  Or you could simple recompile all invalid
objects in your schema every time you drop a partition.  Or you could
simply ignore the problem and let Oracle automatically recompile the
object when it gets referenced.  I vote for the last option because this
really is not an issue.  Oracle cleans things up nicely.

Tom