RE: PX Deq Credit: send blkd

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "usn@xxxxxxxxx" <usn@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:01:32 -0400

Hi Martin,

I'm not in a position to test at the moment, but how about:
create table new_tab parallel 32 as select /*+ parallel(t 32) */ * from tab1 t;
??

Also, you may want to add 'nologging' to make it fly even faster. (But,
consider the recovery implications.)
create table new_tab nologging parallel 32 as select /*+ parallel(t 32) */ *
from tab1 t;

Of course, this assumes you have enough CPU and I/O available to support 32-way
parallelism, else you may be in for a disappointment.

Hope that helps,

-Mark