Re: POWER vs Intel for DB loads

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 11:20:39 -0500 (CDT)

Karl writes:

> While you don't have the machine yet.. you can do all these comparisons
> using specint_rate2006, depends on what P750 you are getting then compare
> it to your intel hardware of choice. Here's the data points

Thanks Karl and others for the spec suggestion.  I did look at that, but
missed the POWER 750 because IBM didn't supply numbers for specint2006, just
specint_rate2006.  Curious...unless specint2006 is just easy to calculate
(rate/cores)?

I also looked at TPC even though I feel it's heavily skewed by unreasonable
configurations.  But no POWER 750 for C, E, or H.

That's OK.  The specint_rate2006 seems to lean (heavily!) toward POWER.

Thanks again!

Rich