[oracle-l] Re: PL/Sql Update Table runs 38 hrs (so far)

  • From: Barbara Baker <barbarabbaker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:07:51 -0800 (PST)

The process in question has these waits associated
with it:

Total     Time        Avg
   SID  Username  EVENT
Waits   Waited       Wait
------ ---------- ------------------------------
-------- -------- ----------
    17 ADVDB      latch free
14        4          0
    17 ADVDB      log file sync
 2        4          2
    17 ADVDB      SQL*Net break/reset to client
40        0          0
    17 ADVDB      SQL*Net message from client
45       17          0
    17 ADVDB      SQL*Net message to client
45        0          0
    17 ADVDB      control file sequential read
 2        0          0

from v$session_wait, I see this:

  SID EVENT            P1TEXT              P1 P2TEXT
      P2 P3TEXT       P3
   17 latch free       address      713528668 number
      98 tries         1

Latch 98 is cache buffer chains:

select * from v$latchname where latch#=98;

    LATCH# NAME
        98 cache buffers chains

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/