RE: PLSQL - renaming a file

  • From: "Bellows, Bambi" <bbellows@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Foelz.Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:50:19 -0700

Frank --

Of course it's possible to rename a file that has been written to the
filesystem by a stored procedure.  Depending on the operating system,
the command varies.  Most flavors of Unix use the "mv" command.  VMS and
MS-DOS use the "rename" command, although in VMS, it could be
abbreviated to "rena".  If you do not have ownership of the file, but
still have read ability, you can copy the file to /tmp and then move it
to the desired location.

But I perceive that there is more to the question than "can I rename a
file", because that pretty stuff.

Best wishes,
Bambi.

is it possible (if yes, how) to rename a file, that has just been
written to the filesystem by a stored procedure.

any hints are welcome