Re: PL/SQL delayed compilation

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chupit@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:06:58 -0700

Edgar,

I have heart a mention of this feature in LewisC podcast and also in Oracle
> 11g new feature white paper. Oracle white paper says:
>
> With Oracle Database 11g, both patch set and release upgrades are now
> significantly faster through the use of parallelism and delayed compilation
> of PL/SQL objects.

Apparently, Oracle Database 11g does this by recording dependency
information at the granularity of the element within the object rather than
at the whole object. For example dependencies on a procedure within a
package is tracked rather than dependency on the package itself. Hence, if
you

This is what I know - I am sure the Gurus would like to comment. Maybe
someone with a 11g database can post the description/selected contents of
DBA_DEPENDENCIES and run the query below:

select referenced_type, count(*) from dba_dependencies
group by referenced_type;

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc