Re: PL/SQL cursor NOT closing

  • From: "Vlad Sadilovskiy" <vlovsky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle.tutorials@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:02:46 -0400

You can generate either Oracle trace or error stack (alter session set
events '1000 trace name errorstack level 3' or event="1000 trace
name errorstack level 3" in init.ora/spfile) to diagnose the issue. I.e. see
if it's really the cursor you think that is being problemmatic.

The commit should not have any affect on closing cursors. In fact the commit
should only be done when the logic requires it.

Vlad Sadilovskiy
Oracle Database Tools
http://www.fourthelephant.com