Re: PL/SQL code quality software

  • From: raza siddiqui <raza.siddiqui@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 09:16:42 -0700

Can you define "code quality" ?

Are you referring to code compliant of onsite or published standards (modularized use of procedures, functions, packages etc) OR code that is performance-tuned, since the former may not imply the latter ?

On 6/3/2016 8:51 AM, Andy Klock wrote:

I've been asked what tools people use to check code quality for PL/SQL. This particular shop uses SonarQube for other languages but the PL/SQL pluggin costs extra. I've googled my way to this post:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3014223/pl-sql-pre-compile-and-code-quality-checks-in-an-automated-build-environment

Where the OP did some research for me, and one response pointed to this entry:

http://www.theserverlabs.com/blog/?p=435 where Maven and utPLSQL is another option.

Any Oracle-L'ers using tools to quality check PLSQL code?

Thanks!

Andy Klock