PL/SQL Development Tool Of Choice

  • From: Jeff Chirco <JChirco@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 19:35:27 +0000

This probably has been asked before but what is everybody's PL/SQL development
tool they use?  I currently use PL/SQL Developer by Allround Automations and I
like.  It is cheap, simple, and easy to use and does about everything I need.
But there is a major bug
(http://forums.allroundautomations.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&NumberB938#Post42938)
 with screen flashing with dual monitors that is driving me crazy and it
appears the developer has now interest in fixing it.
Toad
I have looked at Toad a little bit and I know that it is popular tool that does
a lot but it seems like it is a little cumbersome.  There is just so much
going.  Plus the price might be hard to get approval for.  Yesterday I
downloaded the freeware version of Toad and it is really slow, it takes like 8
seconds to bring up a package from the database for editing.

Rapid SQL by Embarcadero
I looked at this very briefly and I couldn't even figure out how to use it.  If
it is not intuitive to use then I'm out.

Everybody else chime in with their own reviews and or suggestions.

Thanks.