RE: PGA Memory Leak - crashing Server

  • From: "Alvaro Jose Fernandez" <alvaro.fernandez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bnsarma@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle_L_list" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:32:29 +0200

Hello Bn,

Problem:

One process at a time goes upto  715 MB

anothher process starts goes up to 715 MB

another process start goes upto 715 MB

. . . . . .

Until system Crashes

We Backeduout the code, we are back to normal.

We have almost simialr load in one of our DEV server (4X4), We tried
same code, we are not able to reproduce the issue.

similar load? well, but the generated plan for the query (in the
package), is the same in DEV as in prod?

Only other option for us is to disable PGA and go for manual memory
allocation by define sort_* values

We have an SR open, we gave all the dumps oralce asked before we backed
out the code in prod.

Now oracle wants HEAP dumps, but managment doesn't want this  faulty
code in prod until we fix the issue.

The same code works fine in DEV. Server.

, yeah, but, does it generate the same optimizer plan in both db's?

Any Ideas and suggestions are appreciated

put the plan in Prod here (look in v$sql_plan and v$sql_plan_statistics,
for the "hash" value of the problematic query (if it is localized in 1
query)

Regards

BN

--