Re: PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET, AUTO PGA TARGET and WORKAREA_SIZE_POLICY

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 18:57:16 -0400

Hi Ravi,

I know that this is unexpected, but Oracle actually puts the documentation on the Internet for free. The first thing I would try is this:

https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/REFRN/GUID-E364D0E5-19F2-4081-B55E-131DF09CFDB3.htm#REFRN10328

This document has a section with the title "What happens when PGA_AGGREGATE_LIMIT is exceeded". I will not ruin you the pleasure of reading the documentation by telling you the ending.

Regards

On 10/06/2017 06:05 PM, Ravi Teja Bellamkonda wrote:

It would be really helpful if someone can throw some light on this. I understand that workarea_size_policy parameter set to auto is related to this. But wanted to confirm that PGA used actually crosses the PGA_AGGREGATE_LIMIT. Is there any documentation which states that PGA_AGGREGATE_LIMIT is a soft limit.

It would be very helpful, if someone can clarify.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ravi Teja

--