Re: PCI / AV / Linux DB Servers

  • From: Justin Mungal <justin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: stephan uzzell <SUzzell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 03:23:05 -0600

AV on a properly secured Linux DB server, that is on a secured network, is
not something I would suggest. But, there are some customers that want to
run it. Sophos AV has not caused any major problems as long as all of the
Oracle data directories are excluded from real-time scanning. As far as
benefits, they seem quite questionable to me.