Re: PATH in java

  • From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jdunn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:23:20 +0200

Well, it would be *good* practice to specify absolute paths to all the
binaries you're calling - it's a security issue. And it also avoids
accidentally calling something else.

What you can also do, is call a shell script in rt.exec, and set your path
there. Then have that script call whatever command(s) you want to call.

Stefan

On 10/19/06, John Dunn <jdunn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am using rt.exec in a java stored procedure to run OScommands(Unix commands and scripts from java), however the PATH does not seem to be set, so I have to specify the full path of the command I want to run (e.g. /usr/bin/lp). How can I set the PATH so that I do not need to specify the full path of the command? Platform is Oracle 10.2 on various unix platforms

John