Re: PARALLEL Hint in 11.2.0.3

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 11:11:24 +0100

Randolf,

Thanks for the comments.

I took the question to mean "the same query" - but even then the same query
with tables refreshed with different amounts of data; the same query with
virtually the same data but different stats; the "same" query on the same
data but with different values used in literal predicates etc. could all
(with a little bad luck on estimated cardinality) produce significantly
different degrees of parallelism.  I stopped thinking at the assumption
that the input tables were always about the same size.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/all-postings

Author: Oracle Core (Apress 2011)