Re: Ordinary Tablespace Drop Hanging

  • From: Kenneth Fowler <kenneth.r.fowler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: david.barbour1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 08:49:34 -0400

I have had this type of issue occur if the tablespace is dictionary managed
and some object has an excessive number of extents. Could be that old
issue?

Ken.

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 4:48 PM, David Barbour <david.barbour1@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

At least it appears to be.

Oracle 10.2.0.5 on HPUX IA64 11.23.

Issued the 'DROP TABLESPACE XXXXXX INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES'
command 90 minutes ago. It's an old, unmaintained database I'm trying to
convert to Locally-Managed ASSM tablespaces.

This tablespace has 261 datafiles of varying sizes.

It is NOT going away!

Anybody seen anything like this? Tablespace is currently off-line, and
has no FK Constraints tied to tables in any other tablespace.