RE: Oralce Newbie

  • From: "Loughmiller, Greg" <greg.loughmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 10:43:59 -0400

Perform a level of Data Integration and Architecture work (create a new data
model, perform the data mapping, referential integrity, keys, indexes, get
some understanding of the contents of the DB and structure for both
environments, blah, blah, blah)

And if it's a small database, and you understand the source and target
architecture - use the SQL Server DTS feature to push the data to your
Oracle infrastructure. Did it a few times on SMALL databases.
THEN, you need to worry about any stored objects(procedures,etc)..

Have fun, and RTM, install oracle in a "sand box".....

Go forth, and assert yourself to learn the world of Oracle.. It's not just a
job; it's about the food on the table, beer in the hands, and tequila in the
cabinet.........

greg