Re: Oracle's version of Microsoft's DTS

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: efrances2000@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 20:23:50 +0000

The short answer is No.

The slightly longer answer is that it has equivalent functionality for free,
but it isn't wrapped in a product. So for example:

Do you wish to load text files => external tables.
Do you wish to email on events => UTL_SMTP.
Do you wish to access foreign datasources => generic connectivity

and so on.

And of course if you have both products there is nothing to stop you using
DTS to do your Oracle stuff.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA