RE: "Oracle's [multi-core] pricing ...simple and flexible"

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:29:03 -0500

And the online pricing states:
For the purposes of counting the number of processors which require
licensing, a multicore chip with "n" cores shall be determined by
multiplying "n" cores by a factor of .75. All fractions of a number are
to be rounded up to the next whole number. For example, a multicore chip
with 11 cores would require a 9 processor license (11 multiplied by a
factor of .75 equals 8.25 which is then rounded up to the next whole
number which is 9). Notwithstanding the above, when licensing Oracle
Standard Edition One or Standard Edition programs on servers with a
maximum of 1 processor with 1 or 2 cores, only 1 processor shall be
counted.

Hello, Hell?  Yeah, I'm wonder about the temperature there.  4000F?  OK,
thanks.

Rich