Re: Oracle-L Dinner at Hotsos

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:24:37 -0800

Well, so far there are 13 people signed up for the Oracle-L dinner on Monday
night.

Anyone else?

If you would like to attend, please RSVP to symposium@xxxxxxxxxx
and include 'Oracle-L' dinner in the subject line.

The reservation is usually for 40 or so, but if we don't get some more
takers
we will have to scale it back.

Thanks,

Jared

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Those of you that have attended Hotsos in the past know that a bunch
> of Oracle-L folks usually get together for dinner on Tuesday night at
> the Texas Bar and Grill, across the street from the hotel where Hotsos
> convenes. This has always been at 6:30 PM IIRC.
>
> If are attending Hotsos for the first time, here's a chance to meet a
> number
> of the folks that seem to have nothing better to do than ponder other
> folks
> Oracle problems. :)
>
> If you would like to attend, please RSVP to symposium@xxxxxxxxxx
> and include 'Oracle-L' dinner in the subject line.
>
> This allows Rhonda (at Hotsos) to get a head count and make a reservation
> for us.
>
> Just to get a couple of frequently asked questions out of the way:
>
> Q: What kind of food is at this place?
> A:  This is a bar.  It's a bar in Texas.  You won't get a hummus plate
> here.
>
> Q: Who's paying for this?