Oracle vs. DB2 UDB

  • From: "Tracy Rahmlow" <tracy.rahmlow@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:34:15 -0500

We will be introducing DB2 UDB into our shop in the near future.  I am
looking for some information to become familiar with it.

- Who are the respected individuals within the community?
- Resources indicating the differences between Oracle and DB2 UDB
- Is there a list server comparable to the quality of this one?
- What books would you recommend purchasing?
- Training experiences?
- Websites
- Other information

Thanks

Tracy Rahmlow | Lead Database Analyst
Information Systems
Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance

AMEX Assurance Company
IDS Property Casualty Insurance Company
3500 Packerland Drive | De Pere, WI 54115-9070
Office: 920.330.5164 | Fax: 920.330.5350
tracy.rahmlow@xxxxxxxx
ameriprise.com/autohome
Ameriprise made the following
 annotations on 07/13/06, 08:34:12

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information
included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and
immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."