Oracle training

  • From: Tony.Adolph@xxxxxx
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 01:38:33 +0100

Hi all,
It happens to all long term contractors eventually....  after nearly 6
years in the same post I've been told I'm not getting a contract extension
after March.  So I reckon its about time I brushed up my skills a bit
ready for my next epic.   I haven't had any formal training for a few
years when I did Oracle 8i Performance Tuning course and the Distributed
Systems course.  I did the DBA course in version 7, 8-9 years ago.  I did
a Financials couse about 7 years ago, I think that was versin 10.7, but I
really cant rememeber (the version or the contents of the couse - not used
it for 6 years).

I am looking for a bit of advise from you:

I am currently living in Germany and would like some recomendations for
courses, i.e. which couse and location.  I've just found this on the net
whcih looks very interesting:
http://www.koenig-solutions.com/training/boot_camp_uk.asp?currid=7  anyone
had any experince here?  It looks good value for money.

As the usd is currently very weak agains both the euro and pound, does it
make sense to make the course(s) in the US?

I was looking at OCA / OCP.

Pointers appreciated,

Cheers
Tony