Re: Oracle rabbit colonies

  • From: "Gints Plivna" <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 17:48:27 +0200

2007/11/6, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>:
> In case anyone missed it though you can have a bit of trouble if your
> examples get too interesting
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/news/feuerstein_1000.html
2007/11/6, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>:
> In case anyone missed it though you can have a bit of trouble if your
> examples get too interesting
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/news/feuerstein_1000.html
WoW that's something new for me.
However I'm quite agreeging with Steven. I was fed up when for the
first time I submitted (let's not mention where) an article (this one
http://www.gplivna.eu/papers/using_analytic_functions_in_reports.htm )
and got following response:
"The article is a little too political in nature. If the political
slant was removed and the political example replaced with another
example[..]"
when I asked what is too political I've got following answer:
"Please change the example on citizenship.
The other was point #3 in the summary - divide and conquer - which
could be ok if the citizenship example was replaced."

Bang!
After a thinking a while I gave up and put it on my site. Without any
changes of too political examples of course. I probably didn't get a
row in my CV, but I got very nice feeling on my own that I'm not part
of too much stupid PC.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu