Re: Oracle rabbit colonies

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: alberto.dellera@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 09:51:30 +0000

Can I have my cake and eat it too please.

When introducing a subject - which I guess the docs are really doing for the
most part - then I agree with Alberto, talk in general terms and don't let a
specific example get in the way - hierarchical queries for example are
hierarchies - you don't need to go into the org chart specific example.

I also however do want material that presents appropriate uses of very
specific examples to show how you might apply the generic technique,
something that goes from theory to practice - I'd like to avoid dept and emp
though. This probably is where book authors could really add value.

In case anyone missed it though you can have a bit of trouble if your
examples get too interesting
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/news/feuerstein_1000.html

--
Niall Litchfield