RE: Oracle over NFS

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "troach@xxxxxxxxx" <troach@xxxxxxxxx>, Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:35:34 +0200

Tom,

Check out the following metalink note: "Mount Options for Oracle files when
used with NAS devices [ID 359515.1]".
noac is not listed in the required mount options.

The network discards is something that should not happen.
Can you post all the mount options that ou are using, your kernel options and
some more information about your network config?

Also check out the blog from Kevin Closson (kevinclosson.wordpress.com), it has
lots of information about running Oracle over NFS.

regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator