Re: Oracle out the door

  • From: "Mark Brinsmead" <pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Derek Rodner" <derek.rodner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:33:29 -0600

Thanks for the document.

I suspect that the reason this document is no longer available on Oracle's
web site is that Oracle has again changed its multi-core licensing rules.
As I read it, this document is not (completely) compatible with the most
recent edition of the OLSA, which appears to have changed definition of
"socket" as applies to SE and SE-1.

Oracle Corp might prefer the word "clarified", rather than "changed",
though.

I have submitted questions to Oracle sales and to LMS about this apparent
"change".  I will inform the list (and maybe even publish in my blog) once I
receive answers...

--
Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead