Re: Oracle on windows server 2008

  • From: Alex Fatkulin <afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jean.BERTHOLD@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:18:12 -0500

Oracle 32bit seems to be certified on Win 64bit (at least according to
MOS) but I see no reason in going that route, especially "because I
heard there are some issues". Like what kind of issues?

Just go 64-bits.

Note that 10GR2 download for 2008/Vista is separate from the "other"
windows releases. My guess would be that it should work on 2008 R2 as
that's just an incremental update to 2008. Note that R2 comes in
64-bit flavor only (as 32-bit server hardware has been unavailable for
quite some time now that's unlikely to impact you).

Memory limits can be found here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778(VS.85).aspx

--
Alex Fatkulin,