Re: Oracle on Solaris x-86 64 bit

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:19:06 -0700

Though Sun would never admit to it unless an end of life date was
established
for the product, I would be asking myself just how much longer X86 Solaris
is going to be available.

Without going into a discussion of the relative merits of the OS's, Linux
is going to easily outstrip x86 Solaris from a supportability standpoint.

Be prepared for very long waits for Oracle patches and updates.

--
Jared Still