Re: Oracle on EMC Clarion CX500

  • From: mhthomas <qnxodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andert@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:09:52 -0400

in-line

On Apr 8, 2005 3:28 AM, Stephen Andert <andert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> level and move stuff around.  Something about EMC can handle the load,
> but the Operating system has bottlenecks that can only be overcome by
> manually load balancing the database objects.
Amazing.

We've got /performance/ reports from another (unnamed) vendor that
show their storage solution can "handle the load" because their test
case bottlenecks the CPU on an Oracle RAC host. I call these results
"can't handle the load" if the test can't identify the load limit
(bottleneck) on the storage system. I guess its just semantics (can -
can't, just a few letters difference). ;-)

Regards,

Mike Thomas