Oracle on 2.6 kernel (WAS: RHAS downloads)

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 13:08:23 -0500

Well, no joy trying to install Oracle 9.2.0.1 on my laptop running Gentoo
Linux on a 2.6.4 kernel.  Did I mention it's an Athlon?  The 9i Installer
Java spins at 83% of the install.  If I install the 10g Installer, it gets
to the same point, then errors out with "error loading netQueries library".
Hardly a Google hit on "netQueries library" and zilch from MetaLink.  And
running the 10g Installer without installing blows up on "getRequiredSpace".

Oh well.  I was hoping for an easy install.  Maybe a strace of the install
will help tonite...

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA