Oracle listener problems/ environment settings.

  • From: "Eberhard, Jeff" <Jeff.Eberhard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:18:16 -0700

Hi,

Last night a database server was rebooted.  It has both oracle 8i and oracle
9 databases on it.  The oracle 9 database started fine, the oracle 8s don't
want to play.

I believe I have all the environment variables set for the oracle 8 home.

When starting svrmgrl I am getting an ORA-15260: TNS:protocol adapter error.

Also the oracle 8 listener is not running.  When trying to start the
listener errors out with:
Failed to start service, error 997.
TNS-12536: TNS:operation would block
 TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
  TNS-00506: Operation would block
   32-bit Windows Error: 997: Unknown error

Another wierd thing, the log files for the listener are being generated in
the oracle 9 home.  Where is it finding the references to the oracle9 home?

Thanks,
Jeff