Re: Oracle interprets ANSI Inner Join as an Outer Join?

  • From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 22:48:54 +0300

LEFT JOIN is the same LEFT [OUTER] JOIN, just simply outer keyword ommited.
There is only one inner join, not left or right inner joins.

I have written an article about join types here
http://www.gplivna.eu/papers/sql_join_types.htm
Unfortunately the site is down just now, I've already contacted
provider, but one can access this article for example from google
cache:
http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.gplivna.eu%2Fpapers%2Fsql_join_types.htm

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu