RE: Oracle instance startup user on Unix

  • To: <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <rob.langmuir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:29:00 -0500

Disagree with the   "There should be one listener process
per server.  Period.  "   We have multiple oracle/servers running on the
same UNIX server.  If all of them are running on one listener, then I
have to drop the listener for all if I need to shutdown SQL*NET access
to one.

Each database has it's own listener running on a different port...PLUS
we have one listener running for all databases that is on a NATTED IP
for administrative access through a VPN.

And none of them are on default 1521