Re: Oracle in an AIX LPAR

  • From: John Smith <john40855@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 10:28:38 -0600

Talking to our system guys, my understanding is that this LPAR has 4 CPU's
dedicated, with 2 more allowed, so it is capped at 6.  NMON shows 24 CPU's
available.  As I watch nmon, we see that the first thread on each CPU is
typically running at 50% usage or better.  I see cpu 9 and 3 getting some
usage (second thread on cpu's 3 and 4), but other than that only the first
thread on each CPU is being used.  I assume the first thread is the
primary.  SMT 4 is being used.

The processes getting CPU are all oracle<SID> (LOCAL=NO), so sqlnet
connections.