Re: Oracle iFS

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 18:34:27 +0300

Hi Ben!

Thans for posting this information, it seems very interesting. I'm gonna
contact redhat for more information about the API, but I thought to ask you
about Oracle's LOB performance in your environment.

How many concurrent users do you have using this system?
Are your BLOBs CACHE, NOCACHE or CACHE READS mode?
If this is stand-alone database for the doc-management system and the lobs are
LOGGING, then how much redo does the system create?

I'm putting together an architecture for a huge database over 20TB in size,
with about with about 100000 concurrent users. There are quite many challenges
with LOBs, caching and logging - if you want to do write caching, you get huge
logging, if you want nologging, then you can't do write caching etc..

Tanel.