RE: Oracle experts are disgusted with SQL Server User Group

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:09:31 -0500

 Well, I'll agree with Don.  SSWUG would appear to have crossed a
moral/ethical line selling pointers to data that can otherwise be
obtained for free & making money off what others have placed in the
public domain.  I'm no lawyer so I won't comment of the legal aspects.
I think they should have at least asked the authors for permission
first.  At least Don has not placed his scripts in the public domain so
he has a right to sell them.  Unless you want to do the research &
stitching yourself, which I believe if three fourths of the fun.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA