RE: Oracle dumps

  • From: "Karniotis, Stephen" <Stephen.Karniotis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:20:26 -0400

Yanni:

   For years we have been asking for documentation on how to read the Oracle
core, sysstate and errorstack dumps.  If I remember and Cary please correct
me, a paper was published for Oracle 6 & 7 on how to read some of the data.
It is very crude and truly internals-type documentation.  I'm not aware of
anything in the public market that helps you read the dumps, however, you
can, with time, look at one and figure out what's going on.

   Kala?

Thank You

Stephen P. Karniotis
Compuware Corporation