Oracle database pro active monitoring and alerting.

  • From: Sreejith S Nair <sreejithsna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle - L <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 08:17:01 +0530

Good Morning list ,

We have our production databases ( most 11.2.0.2 RAC on Solaris 10) pro
-actively monitored by BMC performance manager. We are not really satisfied
with this tool.
We also have set up few cron jobs to monitor few things like ASM disk usage ,
tablespace usage , mount point usage and all.

I would like to know which tool most of the people use in industry. We do no
have grid control and I suppose this is the widely used tool. Does someone use
any performance monitoring tool ?
Or is it managed by SQL queries run by cron ?
We have OEM dbconsole configured but we are looking for a tool that can monitor
alert log , wait events , regular monitoring stuffs and send an email when
something crosses a threshold.

Any free tool ?
Any tool that can execute SQL query at a pre defined interval and send a mail
when query returns output.

Please provide your recommendations.

Regards,
Sreejith