RE: Oracle crashes on Windows shutdown

  • From: tonions@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:31:29 +0000

Allen

If I understand Oracle failsafe correctly it does not shutdown the
database when you manually failover the cluster group to another node
(unless I have missed a config setting), it simply stops the
services/resources one by one, moves them to another node and restarts
them (a quick look in the alert log of one of my 9i failsafes confirms
that no shutdown of any type is performed on failover). Given that this is
an Oracle supplied product it would be strange of them to say it is
dangerous. I have been running failsafe for nearly 5 years without issues.

Tim

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information
intended only for the person(s) named.
Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by another person is strictly
prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, promptly delete it
and all attachments.