Oracle client install error

  • From: nilesh kumar <nileshkum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 00:19:49 +0530

Hello All,

Hope eveyone doing good,

I have one issue,
Operating system:- Win 2008 R2 version 64 bit version

Installing the oracle client version 10201 of 64 bit.

When I execute the setup.exe i get the below error, I checked i have the
admin rights too.
I also verified the file size after copying to the server it remains the
same. I taught the software got corrupted so i downloaded a new copy and
tried again but then too same error. Please advise.

Abnormal program termination. An internal error has occured.
Please provide the following files to oracle
"unknown"
"unknown"
"unknown"

and it ends the installation. Please advise.

Thanks
Nilesh Soni
Oracle DBA