Re: Oracle client for Windows7

  • From: Tony van Lingen <tony_vanlingen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:43:39 +1000

Excuse, I lost track of the colon.. there should be NO colon following the closing tag in the below snippet. This is the correct snippet:

<CERTIFIED_SYSTEMS>
   <!-- Microsoft Windows 7 -->
   <OPERATING_SYSTEM>
     <VERSION VALUE="6.1"/>
   </OPERATING_SYSTEM>
</CERTIFIED_SYSTEMS>

Sorry for any inconvenience caused...

Cheers,
Tony

Around 9/02/2010 10:27 AM, Tony van Lingen said:
Sandy,

Yes, we had the same problem, but on 64-bit. You need to use the 11g client for Windows 2008 Server - Windows7 is compatible only with W2008. Unpack the zip file and in the file ..\stage\prereq\client\refhost.xml you need to add these lines in the Cerfified Systems section , e.g. below the Vista entry:

<CERTIFIED_SYSTEMS>
    <!-- Microsoft Windows 7 -->
    <OPERATING_SYSTEM>
      <VERSION VALUE="6.1"/>
    </OPERATING_SYSTEM>
</CERTIFIED_SYSTEMS>:

Then the installer should work normally.

Note that this hack will work, but your installation is still not certified ;)

Cheers,
Tony

Around 9/02/2010 6:57 AM, Sandra Becker said:
My new DBA was given a Windows7 32-bit pc. She has not been able to get an oracle client to install/work for her. She said she saw something that said to ignore the pre-req checks but it didn't work. I didn't hover while she tried so I don't have the exact message. Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions? She needs the client in order for other software to work.

--
Sandy
Transzap, Inc.