Re: Oracle certification - Worth the hard work?

  • From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jim_kennedy@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:55:15 -0400

a) I can tell that definitively I had got a very positive benefit from
certification.
b) If I would have had a tutor previously to introduce to few key
topics, maybe I woudln't need the certification.
c) Even after the certification I need Tom Kytes advice.
d)  The certification is only +1 in the evaluation.
Not only to hire the dba, else when you are working as a contract
business is important to show your personnel has a certification.
e) The certification, when there is a problem, gives you more credibility.

What do you think?
If I'm a doctor and I cut your leg, because I say you can die, and I
don't have a certification in that speciality, or if I have, which
will be the difference?

So if you certify better for you and for your boss.

--
Oracle Certified Profesional 9i 10g
Orace Certified Professional Developer 6i

8 years of experience in Oracle 7,8i,9i,10g and developer 6i